Tuesday, June 29, 2010

thalassaemia boy need money for operation

JOHOR BARU: Seven-year-old Low Yong Hau hopes to one day play with his classmates and take part in sports activities in his school.

Such activities are now beyond him. He suffers from Thalassaemia Major.

“I cannot join my friends in physical education classes because I have this disease.

“Taking part in physical activities make me feel tired and then I will fall sick,” he said.

Yong Hau’s father Low Sze Keong, 43, is hoping that generous Malaysians will be able to help his son lead a normal life.

Sze Keong, who works as a car painter, said he needed to raise RM100,000 to send his son for an operation in Singapore.

“It is a torture to see him suffer every month when he goes for his blood transfusion. The procedure is painful and he will cry.

“Many times I have to lie to persuade him to go to Kluang General Hospital for treatment,” he told a press conference organised by Johor MCA Public Com­plaints Bureau chief Chia Song Cheng on June 16.

He said the family had tried to have the operation done locally but was told by the doctor that his son has a very rare blood type and that finding a suitable donor might be difficult.

“My son needs to go for a bone marrow operation in Singapore which will cost RM500,000. So far, we have managed to raise RM400,000 and are still short of RM100,000.

“I am appealing to the people to help me because my son needs to undergo the operations by the end of July,” he said, adding that the hospital in Singapore had managed to find a suitable donor for Yong How.

Chia said he had been informed that if Yong How is not operated on soon, he would suffer further health complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment